This course is designed to present what is the leading edge in treating TMD and facial pain, and also emphasize the foundation skills you need to be on the leading edge. Dentistry is emerging as a main player in total body health addressing the issues of whole-body inflammation, Airway, and Cranial/Cervical/Dental alignment. Temporomandibular Disorders and Obstructive Sleep Apnea are both end-stage diseases. Being able to identify problems before major symptoms develop can positively alter the course of a patient’s life. The rewards you receive in improving the lives of others is beyond words.
*This Course Format will alternate every other year with the 5 day TMD program that is case-based.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- The basic foundation skills needed to be successful in the diagnosis & treating facial pain
- TMD is not a single disease: It is 190 different diseases with different treatments
- What is new now and future trends in diagnosing & treating TMDs
- Most TMDs are end-stage diseases: How to identify early & prevent future TMD patients
- Whole body inflammation and its role in facial pain
- Dentistry’s ever-expanding role into total body health: How to be on the leading edge
- The Airway and TMD connection: Identifying airway issues before apnea develops
- Pediatric Airway: Screening, Diagnosing and Treating
- Many different approaches to making more room for the tongue
- The “Other” diseases of facial pain
Location: The Pankey Institute Key Biscayne, Florida
- July 29, 2021 @ 8:00 am – July 31, 2021 @ 1:00 pm
The Pankey Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The Pankey Institute designates this activity for 21 continuing education credits.