The Power of Development
Are you ready for your hygiene appointments to be more effective both clinically and relationally? Can you imagine having a totally fresh perspective on what is possible as a dental hygienist? No matter the level of education or experience in dentistry, practicing as a hygienist with a Pankey trained dentist requires a unique set of advanced skills in order to be truly effective. This course provides attendees with the most current thinking around Periodontal Disease and management along with proven methods in how to help patients engage in and choose the kind of dentistry that your doctor has been trained to deliver. This program can be a game changer on many levels, including a direct increase in both hygiene and Dr hygiene production.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Experience The Pankey Philosophy as to integration into the doctor, hygienist, patient relationship.
- Develop an appreciation that periodontal disease is a balance of a microbial insult and a chronic inflammatory disease.
- Incorporate techniques to remove biofilm and calculus in the least accessible areas, such as furcas, and how to enhance patient comfort with micro-thin ultrasonics and air polishing and even lasers.
- Understand how to provide local anesthesia without mandibular blocks and painful palatal injections.
- Implement the art of co-discover.
- Redefine the RDH operatory with the doctor restorative component to create patient synergy.
Location: The Pankey Institute, Key Biscayne, Florida
Course Start: July 22, 2021 @ 8:00 am End: July 24, 2021 @ 1:00 pm
Lead Faculty: Ms. Sheri Kay & Dr. Sam Low
The Pankey Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The Pankey Institute designates this activity for 23 continuing education credits.