- This event has passed.
TMD in Restorative Practice
October 21, 2018 @ 10:00 am - October 25, 2018 @ 1:00 pm EDT$5500
TMD patients present with a wide range of concerns and symptoms from tension headaches and muscle challenges to significant joint inflammation and breakdown. Accurate thorough diagnosis is the first step and we will work through a systematic process of gathering a history, clinical exam, appropriate radiography and using new technology for joint diagnosis. The course will cover traditional treatment options of appliance therapy and equilibration, but also look at utilizing pharmacology, physical therapy and other non-traditional modalities. Whether your goal is to treat all TMD patients in your practice or selectively treat some types of cases while referring others, this course will address what you need to be successful and productive.
Participants are encouraged to bring cases. These cases will be the framework of the course.
- To utilize a comprehensive medical and pain history as part of diagnosis
- Joint diagnosis through Clinical Exam and advanced diagnostics
- Interplay of TMD and Sleep and Airway Issues
- MRI and CBCT in TMD diagnosis
- Evaluation and management of occluso-muscle disorders
- Appliance Designs and Protocols
- Joint Vibration Analysis and T-Scan
- Medical Billing for TMD Therapy
The Pankey Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The Pankey Institute designates this activity for 47 continuing education credits.