The purpose of this course is to help you develop mastery with complex cases involving precise sequencing and interdisciplinary coordination. After completing this course, you will be will able to define the role of periodontics and orthodontics in the comprehensive restorative plan. You will understand the nuances of tooth preparation and tissue management. You will be able to begin the development of complex treatments and seek specialty support with confidence. We’ll help you:
- Start the process of developing statements of collaboration with specialists.
- Engage in a pre-clinical interview and exam that is patient-centered and relationship-based. State your philosophy of practice as a result of being influenced by Dr. Pankey’s philosophy of dentistry.
- Develop a philosophically based fee for complex cases.
Under the expert guidance of our faculty, you will:
- Define the role of biologic width in restorative practice.
- Identify steps in managing tissue for impression making.
- Identify steps in executing an excellent impression for lab-fabricated restorations.
- Identify the role of the periodontist in developing complex restorative cases.
- Identify the role of the orthodontist in developing complex restorative cases.
- Differentiate between data gathering in an exam and creating a learning experience for patients.
- Be able to work up a complex case and create a sequence of treatment.
Location: The Pankey Institute Key Biscayne, Florida
Course Length 5 Days
- October 11, 2019 @ 10:00 am – October 15, 2019 @ 1:00 pm
- March 1, 2020 @ 10:00 am – March 5, 2020 @ 1:00pm
The Pankey Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The Pankey Institute designates this activity for 47 continuing education credits.