What if you had one tool that increased comprehensive case acceptance, managed patients with moderate to high functional risk, verified centric relation and treated signs and symptoms of TMD? Appliance therapy is that one tool. This course will teach you the rationale for when to use different appliance designs, and the fabrication and delivery protocols. You will be able to use an appliance diagnostically, therapeutically and behaviorally. We will continue to deepen your knowledge of practice and financial management and patient communications.
Seminars & Clinical Exercises
- Increase your confidence with muscle, joint, and functional exams
- Understand TMJ diagnostic sounds, movements and functional loading
- Choose the appropriate appliance design based on clinical findings
- Deliver and Adjust a full coverage appliance
- Evaluate and adjust the bite splint following wear
- Functional Treatment Planning for moderate and high-risk patients
Practice Development Seminars
- Work with patients and appliance to increase case acceptance
- Use of an appliance to increase patient ownership of their current condition
- Develop philosophical based fee schedules
You are encouraged to bring one of your primary dental assistants with you to this course. By learning as a team in E2, the implementation of your E1 and E2 experiences will be faster and easier.
Location: The Pankey Institute Key Biscayne, Florida
Course Length 5 Days
January 9, 2022 @ 8:00 am – January 13, 2022 @ 2:30 pmSold Out March 25, 2022 @ 8:00 am – March 29, 2022 @ 2:30 pmSold Out July 24, 2022 @ 8:00 am – July 28, 2022 @ 2:30 pmSold Out October 16, 2022 @ 8:00 am – October 20, 2022 @ 2:30 pmSold Out November 12 @ 8:00 am – November 16 @ 2:30 pmSold Out
March 24, 2023 @ 8:00 am – March 28, 2023 @ 2:30 pmSold Out
- May 7, 2023 @ 8:00 am – May 11, 2023 @ 2:30 pm
- July 23, 2023 @ 8:00 am – July 27, 2023 @ 2:30 pm
- October 15, 2023 @ 8:00 am – October 19, 2023 @ 2:30 pm
- November 11, 2023 @ 8:00 am – November 15, 2023 @ 2:30 pm
Transform your experience of practicing dentistry, increase predictability, profitability, and fulfillment. The Essentials Series is the Key, and Aesthetic and Functional Treatment Planning is where your journey begins. Following a system of risk assessment, patient ownership and risk management creates technical excellence and predictability. Practice dentistry the way you want, do the procedures you enjoy most with patients who value and appreciate you and the exceptional care they receive. This course presents the components of an exam, diagnosis and treatment planning system based on 5 key areas: Aesthetics, Occlusion, Restorative, Biology, and the Patient. You will leave proficient with this process and ready to incorporate the very next day.
You Will Be Able To:
- Define Your Vision for Practicing Dentistry
- Capture Clinical Photographs for Aesthetic Treatment Planning
- Aesthetically Treatment Plan Tooth & Gingival Position
- Complete a Functional Exam & Capture Diagnostic Records
- Complete an Occlusal Risk Assessment and Identify Low, Moderate and High-Risk Patients
- Understand How to Optimize the Occlusion to Minimize Functional Risk
- Understand Financial Planning & Investment
- Increase Case Acceptance Utilizing Co-Discovery
- Communicate with Patients & Team to create awareness & ownership
Location: The Pankey Institute – Key Biscayne, Florida
Course Length: 3.5 Days
January 20, 2022 @ 8:00 am – January 23, 2022 @ 2:30 pmSOLD OUT March 3, 2022 @ 8:00 am – March 6, 2022 @ 2:30 pmSOLD OUT May 19, 2022 @ 8:00 am – May 22, 2022 @ 2:30 pmSOLD OUT
- August 25, 2022 @ 8:00 am – August 28, 2022 @ 2:30 pm
- November 3, 2022 @ 8:00 am – November 6, 2022 @ 2:30 pm
The Pankey Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The Pankey Institute designates this activity for 39 continuing education credits.
The Pankey Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The Pankey Institute designates this activity for 44 continuing education credits.