Whether you’re new to Dental Sleep Medicine or someone who’d like to expand his or her expertise, you and a small group of students will participate in lectures and hands-on training led by some of the country’s leading experts in Dental Sleep Medicine throughout each day. You’ll wear a home sleep monitor during the course so that you are immersed in the patient experience throughout with expert guidance in reviewing and evaluating the additional components you’ll receive during the course including your own personal sleep study and custom made appliance!
Over a five-day period, you will eat, sleep and breathe Dental Sleep Medicine, literally!
• An overview of normal human sleep and its systemic consequences.
• The medical model for diagnosis and treatment of SDB, including details of medical diagnostic (polysomnography) and treatment (CPAP) modalities.
• Dental screening for SDB, including questionnaires and dental, head and neck examination.
• A literature-based view of the design, effectiveness & potential problems with oral appliance therapy.
• Home monitoring devices for initial screening and subsequent monitoring of mandibular advancement device (MAD) therapy.
• The relationship between SDB & GERD, bruxism, and TMD — pathophysiology & management
• A no-nonsense view of surgical options and predictability.
• An introduction to pediatric sleep disorders and related comorbidities.
• The philosophy and realities of introducing dental sleep medicine into practice.
Location: The Pankey Institute Key Biscayne, Florida
- September 19, 2021 @ 8:00 am – September 23, 2021 @ 1:00 pm
- April 3, 2022 @ 8:00 am – April 7, 2022 @ 1:00 pm
The Pankey Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The Pankey Institute designates this activity for 35 continuing education credits.