4.5 days of excellent advanced airway learning
- The medical model for diagnosis and treatment of SDB, including details of medical diagnostic (polysomnography) and treatment (CPAP) modalities.
- Dental screening for SDB, including questionnaires and dental, head and neck examination.
- A literature-based view of the design, effectiveness, and potential problems with oral appliance therapy.
- Home monitoring devices for initial screening and subsequent monitoring of mandibular advancement device (MAD) therapy.
- The relationship between SDB and GERD, bruxism, and TMD — pathophysiology and management
- A no-nonsense view of surgical options and predictability.
- An introduction to pediatric sleep disorders and related comorbidities.
- The philosophy and realities of introducing dental sleep medicine into practice.
Location: The Pankey Institute, Key Biscayne, Florida
Course Date : Sept. 20, 2020 @ 8:00am to Sept. 24, 2020 @ 1:00pm
Course Cost: $6,600
Lead Faculty: Drs. Steve Carstensen, John Remmers, Edward Zebovitz, Barry Raphael, and George Yatros
The Pankey Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The Pankey Institute designates this activity for 50 continuing education credits.